June 17, 2013
All-New Essential App for Boat Buyers Now Available on iPhone
Norfolk, VA – (June 17, 2013)– – Boat Trader, a Boats Group business advertising the widest selection of boats for sale in the U.S., today announced the launch of an innovative iPhone app for boat buyers and sellers.
The Boat Trader iPhone app is designed to make searching and finding a boat easier on the go. Developed using technologies that animate the widest selection of boats for sale in the U.S., users can now access more than 150,000 boats quickly and conveniently from any location.
“The new Boat Trader app opened to great success with the iPad, and we are proud to now offer the app to iPhone customers as well. The functionality and comprehensive listings of our website now fit in the palm of your hand,” said Courtney Chalmers, brand manager, Boat Trader. “The iPhone app is just the beginning. We will continue to provide new tools for boaters and the boating industry in this increasingly mobile world.”
Available for free, the Boat Trader iPhone app provides a number of features and benefits that include:
- Intuitive swipe navigation. Exploring boat listings has never been faster, as the iPhone app allows you to quickly swipe through listings, photos, boat details or dealership inventory.
- Cleaner, simpler search. Search by make or model straight from the home page, or search for boats to fit your lifestyle whether it’s freshwater fishing or coastal cruising.
- Geo-targeted dealer location. Automatically locate dealers in your immediate area and view their entire sales inventories.
- Automatic dealer inventory access. If you have a reference for a good dealership, locate them in the app to automatically view their entire inventory for sale.
- Large photos and comprehensive videos. The clean, expanded photo view and user-submitted videos make boat shopping an enjoyable experience.
- Easily refine listings. Narrow your results by price, location, length, make or model.
- Fast contact. When you find the boat you like, the Contact Seller button will immediately send a message to the seller or furnish the seller’s phone number.
For more information about the app for iPhone and iPad, watch the video.
The Boat Trader iPhone app can be downloaded here.
BoatTrader.com is the preeminent U.S. site for buyers to connect with sellers. Averaging 1.7 million visitors and more than 30 million page views each month, Boat Trader offers companies unique display advertising options on boat detail pages, blogs and e-newsletters to build brand awareness and product knowledge. With an average of 8 million views each month, Boat Trader’s listing pages alone are a highly targeted landscape to reach the most active prospects as they move through the sales process. Strategically placed text links on the listing pages generate a high volume of click-throughs, and coupled with prominent display advertising, create an effective way for marine businesses to dominate this space.
About Boats Group
Boats Group (Boats Group) is the Internet partner of choice for the recreational marine industry and operates the three market leading web portals – boats.com, yachtworld.com and boattrader.com. Boats Group is a division of Dominion Enterprises, a leading marketing services and publishing company that provides businesses with a comprehensive suite of technology-based marketing solutions including Internet advertising, lead generation, CRM, website design and hosting and data management services. Boats Group has offices in North America (Norfolk, Virginia; Seattle, Washington; and Vancouver, British Columbia) as well as in Europe (United Kingdom and Italy) and Australia. The company employs 150 people, has customers in 106 countries and advertises boats for sale in 166 countries. In 2012, over 51 million unique visitors spent time researching products on Boats Group web and mobile sites, apps and social media outlets. Boats Group’s global reach includes 23 localized web portals which are translated into 13 languages.